Many business owners that I know, don’t know how to take full control of their website’s performance. By this, I mean they don’t know how many people visit their website, where they live, how many times their website appear on Google or even how people react to the content. Google Analytics can show you all of these in the form of reports.
Google Analytics is a tool that helps you to view your website’s performance in the form of online reports. Amongst many, some of the reports you can view are the following:
- Where your visitors live.
- The specific pages visitors are viewing on your website.
- What visitors do when they visit your website. Do they purchase your products, do they contact you, or do they do nothing?
- How your site performs against goals or revenues.
Why is Google Analytics important?
- It measures a model which describes your customer’s journey from the moment of first contact with your brand to the final goal of a purchase.
- It measures what kind of behaviour on your website leads to purchases.
- An online store using Google Analytics can collect data from online advertising campaigns to see which ones are the most effective and direct the marketing efforts there.
- The store can also use analytics to understand how visitors progress through their online shopping cart. If the store notices that visitors have trouble with a particular step on the website (like trying to transfer desired products into the cart), they can make changes to the website to resolve the problem.
Google Analytics can collect behavioural data from a variety of systems such as:
- Mobile applications.
- Online point of sales systems.
- Customer relationship management systems.
- Other internet connected platforms.
The behavioural data collected is then compiled into analytics reports which you can use to perform in-depth analysis to better understand your customers and their purchase journey. From there, you can test out new solutions to improve your business.
Get ahead of the competition by taking full control of your website’s performance now!