Identify the moments of truth for your customer
- the moment that the brand gets selected based on the promise that it will deliver, and
- the moment the brand gets used and experienced.
The key is to align what the company tells customers it will do – the brand promise – with what people (or other businesses) experience – the brand experience. The point where the promise and the experience comes together, is the customer contact point.
Business owners should identifying the customer contact points in their companies – where customers interact with the business – and ensure these reflect what the company stands for.
- How the phones are answered.
- Reception area / meeting rooms “look and feel”.
- Company documentation, especially proposals & invoices.
- Company dress code.
- And the obvious one – how the product or service stands up to customer scrutiny.