Does your business have a marketing plan?
Why do so many SMEs not have marketing plans? I am exposed on a daily basis to companies doing marketing in a haphazard way. I recently heard of a hotel group wanting to run three different promotions on their website – all at the same time.
Obviously there are two ways of doing marketing:
- You go through your financial year and as you realize you need to quickly MAKE-UP revenue, you roll out a promotional campaign. This is not marketing.
- You start your financial year with a view as to how you want to GROW revenue, and based on this you roll out a campaign. This is marketing.
- Who is your customer?
- What do you want to tell them?
- When do you want to tell them this?
- How do you want to tell them this?
- What is the budget to tell them this?